Re-posted from ASC Advisor, Rachel Moody’s Blog: www.dreamclimbthrive.com.
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY S/U GRADING AND/OR TO WITHDRAW FROM A SPRING 2016, SEMESTER LENGTH CLASS IS TODAY, APRIL 5, 2016.
Facts about using the Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grade mode option:
- We do not have a pass/fail option. A “D-” is passing, but it will not earn you an “S”.
- You need to earn a “C” or higher to earn an “S”; a “C-” is not high enough.
- Some majors do not allow S/U grading for their courses.
- You cannot S/U upper-level courses (300 Level and Higher)
- Neither the “S” or the “U” will affect your GPA but you can only earn credit if you earn an “S”.
- Click here to read the UAlbany official policy on the S/U grading option.
Facts about withdrawing:
- A “W” grade will not affect your GPA but it may detrimentally affect your Financial Aid Eligibility.
- Make sure to speak with both an advisor and a Financial Aid Counselor before dropping a course.
- Click here to read the UAlbany official policy on dropping courses.
Before you S/U or W ask yourself:
- What have I done to succeed in this class?
- Am I aware of the resources available to help me?
- If not, Check out Advising Plus.
- Am I using those resources to the best of my ability?
Before you S/U or W, you should speak to an advisor. If your advisor is not available, see the advisor-on-duty in our office. The Advisor-on-Duty is available to students of all majors, Monday-Friday, 1 pm – 5 pm.
If you have a general question about anything above, ask us in the comments below!
0 comments on “Withdrawing and the S/U Option: Questions Answered”