We are UAlbany Students
And these are Our Stories.
Established in March 2015, Project MyStory is a community building effort to help students better acclimate to UAlbany and to work more effectively toward their goals. We began in UAlbany’s Academic Support Center (ASC), where you will see many of the posters featured above. We are now co-housed in ASC and in the Center for International Education and Global Strategy (CIEGS). Through videos, blogs, posters, small group meetings, community outreach, and presentations, students help other students by sharing their experiences – the good and the bad; the ugly and the beautiful. Connections are established, relationships are formed, and hope overcomes pessimism through the telling of our stories.
Upcoming Events: The S2S Success Series
Every semester, students may apply to earn community service credit by becoming Project MyStory workshop facilitators, panelists, bloggers, and/or vloggers. Our students select themes that are important to them and that they feel are relevant to their peers. They write blog posts, hold small group discussions, and give presentations throughout the semester guided by the themes they have selected. Students are also welcome to share their stories just one time. We feature participants on our blog, in our office, and in advertisements and promotions. Join the MyStory Team!
MyStory Blog Topics:
- Around the World and into Myself
- Be Brave. Be Bold. Be You.
- Pulled Back to Move Forward
- Patience, Love & Acceptance
- Still Fierce
- Trials and Triumphs of a Non-Traditional Student…
- Homebody for Everybody
- Embracing the Uncomfortable
- Through the Looking Glass: A Look at the Past and Present…
- Fierce & Freaked
- Writing My Own Chapter
- Women A Loud
- The Out of State Student Experience: Studying Abroad in NYC
- Where I’m Coming From
- Struggling on the Pathway to Success – Thoughts of C Average Student
- Because I Need You
- Dreams Deferred