Attention Pre-Health Freshmen!
You are invited to a presentation on Monday, April 11, 2016 at 4:30 p.m. in LC 25 with Emily Sutherland, Pre-Health Advisor.
This presentation is geared toward freshmen who are interested in applying to medical, dental, or optometry school sometime in the future.
Did you know that most medical, dental, and optometry schools prefer that you have a “Committee Letter” from your college or university when you apply? This information session will teach you what you need to do each year of your college career to be prepared for the Pre-Health Advisory Committee at the University at Albany and the application process to the medical schools of your choosing.
Some of the topics to be covered are:
- What is the Pre-Health Advisory Committee?
- What do you need to do right now to be prepared for the Pre-Health Advisory Committee in your junior or senior year?
- What courses should you be taking each year at UAlbany?
- When should you apply to medical school?
- What is the MCAT Exam, and what classes and activities will prepare you for it?
- What should you be doing during the summer to prepare for applying to medical, dental, or optometry school
RSVPs are appreciated, but not required: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope to see you there!
Emily Jane Sutherland
Academic Advisor and Pre-Health Advisor
Advisement Services Center