Criminal Justice Intended Majors
TOMORROW is the last day to submit your Criminal Justice Application:
Students who meet the following qualifications are guaranteed admission into the criminal justice major.
- Achieved a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher following completion of at least 56 credits (of which 30 credit hours must be taken at the University at Albany)
- Earned a grade of B or better in two of the following courses – RCRJ 201, 202 or 203 or equivalents
- Completed the statistics and research methods classes required of majors (RCRJ 281 and 282, or equivalents) with a grade of B or better.
Even those students who qualify for guaranteed admission must complete an application.
Application into the Criminal Justice Major
Students who do not meet the conditions for guaranteed admission into the major, can still apply for admission. However, it is important to note that criminal justice is a restricted major with limited enrollment. Applications for admission to the criminal justice major are reviewed by the School’s Undergraduate Admissions and Awards Committee. Applicants must have completed at least 42 graduation credits prior to application and 56 credits at the time of admission, and they must have earned a B or higher in RCRJ 201, RCRJ 202, or RCRJ 203 (or ASOC 203).
Some of the factors considered during application review include:
- Overall grade point average
- Breadth and quality of liberal arts background. The committee will view favorably students who have strong records in history, mathematics, English, languages, and/or natural sciences.
- Student’s Written Statement of reason for seeking to undertake a criminal justice major
To become a criminal justice major, you must complete an application.
Application Deadlines for Current UAlbany Students
For fall admission, applications must be received by the last Friday in February.
For spring admission, applications must be received by the last Friday in September
0 comments on “Criminal Justice Application Deadline”